The Sounds of Music group achieved tremendous progress during this week.
Monday Meeting Minutes
On Monday, April 4th, 2022, we had a productive meeting, during which we discussed:
- Whether or not we were meeting our milestones. We concluded that we are indeed, and that all in all, we only had to push back a few deadlines, most recently of a Sounds of Music manifesto.
- We spoke a bit more about redesigning our pilot, and who to invite. We are finalizing our participant list.
- We explored the idea of bringing Jeremy on as a facilitator.
- We are still debating what to do with our allotted 200 dollars, once it comes through.
- We also did a brief sing-along of “Down in the Valley,” with Felicity playing the piano.
- We discussed what music we’d been listening to as of late. Caitlin brought up “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,” by the Platters, a song that was popular the year her mother was born, and had flown into her radar during a family genealogy project.
Wednesday Meeting Minutes
We worked on the Sounds of Music Manifesto, but were unable to complete it in one session. This is on our agenda for next Monday’s meeting.
Tasks Accomplished & To Complete
Caitlin worked on the website, specifically the Accessibility Toolkit.
Raquel completed the Accessibility Toolkit. Caitlin will work on transferring the remainder of it to the website in the coming week.
Raquel has been working on creating an accessible PDF that will read each slide to the viewer. She will also develop the CSV (version of the Excel document that has been storing our preliminary data and primary resources).
Felicity will be working on the format for the music program, as well as proofreading and suggesting edits to the website. Caitlin will work on implementing these edits.