Sounds of Music Website

“We need to make every single thing accessible to every single person with a disability.” – Stevie Wonder

Dearest Colleagues,

You will find the link to our webpage here.

I am excited to debut it. It is currently public, but not yet visible to search engines, a visibility status I intend on changing once our prototype draws nearer to completion.

Some things to turn your attention to:

• There is an accessibility toolbar on the leftmost side of the screen. It allows you to toggle through a combination of high-contrast, grayscale, and/or large-font modes.
  • Our Latency toolkit is far more populated than our Accessibility Toolkit, the latter of which is still very much a page in construction.
  • We have an ‘About’ page and a ‘Contributors’ page, which may or may not be combined as the semester progresses. Your thoughts on this are welcome, colleagues.
  • We have a blog! There are currently only two entries, but for those of you who love it when casual Star Trek references are successfully slipped into serious work, please check out the latest blog post.
  • We are still grappling with our visual identity, and many of the images are placeholders. Thoughts on which images resonate most with you are also appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for checking out website-in-progress! Please do note that it is very much a work in progress. It is a prototype, one that is ever-evolving as our research narrows and expands by degrees, and takes us in exciting new directions. We trust you will be both kind and honest in your critique of our website as it stands today, should you choose to offer us feedback – a gesture which would be very much appreciated by all of us on the Sounds of Music team.

I encourage you to revisit our website in the coming weeks, as I believe the Accessibility Toolkit might be of interest and import to most of your projects.

Cordially Yours,

Caitlin Cacciatore